Monday, July 12, 2010

www.MAURICEGARLAND.com Interviews Big K.R.I.T.



This past Saturday I fell through the 4th Spring Center to catch Big K.R.I.T.'s first performance in Atlanta since Krit Wuz Here dropped. He rocked it. Like I said in the video, it felt like I was at a 8Ball & MJG or UGK show. I never doubted that he had a fan base, but I was wondering about the energy they would bring. I was pleasantly surprised to see all these folks knowing the words to all of his songs.

Which was a shock because when DJ Dibiase was setting the mood for K.R.I.T. to come on stage, he played 20-30 minutes straight of old classic Suave House, No Limit, UGK, Rap-A-Lot shit...and these hipster ass folks was staring at the ceiling like they never heard these songs before. So they liked K.R.I.T. but don' know "Pocket Full of Stones?" Weird. But hey, alot those folks probably got put onto rap music 3 years ago via the internet, so yeah.

But back to Krit, dude did his thang for real man. I must have been causing quite a stir because when I checked the twitter timeline later that night all I saw were remarks about me going crazy.

Me and Krit go back a few years so we chopped it up after the show right quick, nothing crazy, the man looked as if he was still trying to catch his breath.

If you missed this show, please don't miss the next one. Also, you can peep some of the photos I took for Ozone HERE.

1 comment:

QuantumPeach said...

that show was crazy! my brother and i jammed all night. you right, the kids didn't know what was going on when Dibiase was spinning, but me Bem and my other homie was in a zone. When he played that Ichiban record i almost lost it, i remember when that track was sampled by QuestionMark Asylum 'Hey look away'. I sweated every single curl out my head, but it was well worth it!